July 2018 will be the first opportunity for students to take the ACT in the summer. This test date will allow student to take advantage of their summer schedule to prepare for the test without the distractions of school activities and tests. Registration deadline is June 15, 2018 with late registration deadline June 22, 2018. The July ACT will not be offered in CA nor NY.
The July test is the last one before the ACT adds an experimental section between the Science and Writing tests. While the 20-minute experimental section will be required it will not count towards the student’s test score.
The ACT publishes a guide Preparing for the ACT Test that is available free on its website that includes full length practice tests, including a writing practice test.
Remember to bring the following with you on test day:
- Printed copy of your test center ticket. If you forget your ticket your test scores will be delayed.
- Photo identification with a first and last name that matches the first and last name on your ACT registration ticket. Please note that a photo ID of your parent WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED in lieu of your photo ID.
- Sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers. No other writing instruments are allowed. If you have selected to take the writing test it must be completed in pencil as well.
- Watch to monitor your time. The testing center only announces when there is five (5) minutes remaining on a test.
- Note calculators are only allowed to be used on the math test. Make sure that you review the ACT calculator policy and only bring a calculator that meets the requirements of the policy. To view the full Calculator Policy click here.
NO CELL PHONES PERMITTED!
The use of electronic devices is prohibited during the test or during breaks. If you access any electronic device, cell phone, smart watch, fitness band, tablet, or ANY device that records or may access the internet you will be dismissed from the test and your test WILL NOT BE SCORED.!
Students who need to request an accommodation because of their religious beliefs need to call the ACT at 319-337-1270 BEFORE the regular registration deadline to discuss their options.
Remember to list Code #9999 to have your scores sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center. You may also list Code #9876 to have your scores sent to the NAIA Eligibility Center. This way regardless of where you apply for admissions, the Eligibility Centers will have your test scores on file.