Each fall the Triangle Sports Commission and the Morrisville Chamber of Commerce host a Women’s Sports Leadership KNOW Luncheon for Knowledgeable Network of Women. The 2015 program will be held Thursday, November 12, 2015 from 11:30 am until 1 pm the at the Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary, NC. The theme of the program is “Business is a Team Sport – Learn How to Win.” The program will focus on women sports leaders who are in the business world or in the business of sports.
Business today functions very much like a team sport and we can view the workplace as a giant playing field. To be a great player means unleashing your competitive spirit with courage and enthusiasm in any arena, and this includes the business world.
The KNOW program will present a panel discussion to discuss how to navigate the playing field of business. Panelists include:
- Erica Braun, Director of Human Resources, Golden Corral, 2012 Olympic Swimming Trials competitor and 2016 Olympic Swimming Trials hopeful;
- Carla Overbeck, Assistant Coach, Duke Blue Devils Women’s Soccer Team and US Olympic Gold and Silver medalist and Women’s World Cup Gold medalist;
- Molly Sapienza, Director of Regional Marketing, PNC Bank;
- Marlynn “The Eligibility Coach” Jones, Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance, North Carolina Central University;
- Debra Morgan, Anchor, WRAL [Moderator]
Regardless of your position, industry, or professional goals you’re actively a part of the game. By playing, your’re managing your career advancement and realizing your own “wins.”
Business is a Team Sport – Learn How to Win!